VP-VPM help DESPERATELY needed!!!

apinbalwiz

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I just got a new Intel duo 64-bit Vista computer with Ndivia 8800gs gpu to replace my P4 XP with SP3 Ndivia 5600. I transferred my VPM files over, using administrator to run VP8.1 and most, if not all, tables are unplayable. The ball and gameplay is so choppy and slow it sometimes just freezes up. The sound is also very choppy and unstable. On some tables I am getting script errors, like PacDudes Breakshot I get "Line 257 Path not found", and on Scapino's Close Encounters I get "Line 0 object doesn't support this properly or method: 'mSlingBump(...).SlingshotStrength'. I'm frustrated because I don't know how to fix this or even what the problem is - Please Help!!!!:sob:

What do you mean with you transferred your VPM files over? You didn't make an install, but just moved the folders and files to your new PC?

What do you mean with you transferred your VPM files over? You didn't make an install, but just moved the folders and files to your new PC?

I transferred the files with a transfer cable, installed Visual Pinball 8.1 and Pinmame 2.1 both under administrator, and running VP exec under administrator. (Transferred from my old system to the new one)

Do a reinstall of VP and VPM as administrator and change the properties of the VP executable to run as administrator. Welcome to the world of MS's "we don't trust our customers" approach to security... ;) :roll:

Using Vista 64-bit, Right-Click the VPinball.exe > choose Properties > the Compatibility tab. Enable Compatibility Mode and try XP or Win 98 from the pull-down.

You might see better behavior with VP 9 and you might not need to set the .exe to Compatibility Mode, though many tables need to be updated for VP9 and might not play well.

Okay, I reinstalled everything and running VP as administrator using compatibility XP as suggested and the script errors are gone and the sound is better. Unfortunately, the gameplay is still very choppy especially when a flasher goes off it's virtually unplayable. I have disabled fading lights on those that I could with very little difference. Is there anything else I could try? :help:

Latest posts

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back