Can't believe I forgot.....Johnny Mnemonic

scapino

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot to start a WIP thread here at PN for my next table, Johnny Mnemonic.

I've got back to work on the table, after being real busy with real life. I've been building the table in VPM, and have it working well, now I have to finish the modeling, and start cutting reel images.

I've modeled more parts, and dropped the table into a cabinet. Just need to model some more hardware, brackets and such, and also the back wall plastic and strobe.

Here's the WIP....

JMWip21.jpg

Kurt

I'm looking forward to this one. Looks great! :)

Thanks for doing all that you do Kurt.

Dave

Thanks, Dave!

Today I did the hardware on the ramp entrance (gates, brackets and switches). Added the lane dividers, and the blue stopper in the Glove VUK trough, as well as resizing the matrix sign.

Here's the wip...

JMWip22.jpg

Kurt

Finished the back wall plastics and strobe. Also added the glove
spot light. I also selected the final camera angle. Still need to model
some stuff under the matrix/ramp area, and some more bits and
pieces.

JMWip25.jpg

Kurt

Thanks, Matt!

The backglass is done, now I just have to find another card for the apron, and I need to model the apron rails.

Then I can start doing the emreels, and bring this puppy to life.

And before anyone bitches about the backglass overlaying the playfield, I'll include the option to turn it off.

JMWip30.jpg

Kurt

Great job Kurt, now it looks TOTALLY AWESOME :dance:
Amazing what a pair of flippers and backglass can do heh ? :cheers:

Counting down the days now :pint:

Any ideas or hints as to what table you'll do next ?

Maybe another classic 70's table again ?????? :rockon:

Here's hoping heheh :roll:

Matt :D

Thanks, Matt.

I havn't thought of my next table yet.

Kurt

Looks stunning,Kurt! waiting for
the final product. :thumleft:

looking good kurt, i must say this one is a REAL beauty, keep up with the good work!

Take your time Scapino, the table will be worth the wait! The game I would love to see you do next is: The Machine Bride of PinBot. :D

or perhaps a proper recreation of Jurassic Park or Black Knight. No one makes tables quite as well as you!

Take your time Scapino, the table will be worth the wait! The game I would love to see you do next is: The Machine Bride of PinBot. :D

O NOW THAT WOULD BE LOVELY, so would pinbot and jackbot, and i agree with the post above me he SHOULD do black knight itd be awesome, personally id like to see a freddy one, or maybe even a scapino version of addams family, id like to see if that 1 would b better than Pacdudes

O NOW THAT WOULD BE LOVELY, so would pinbot and jackbot, and i agree with the post above me he SHOULD do black knight itd be awesome, personally id like to see a freddy one, or maybe even a scapino version of addams family, id like to see if that 1 would b better than Pacdudes

I dunno, I'm sure AF would be better visually, but it's not like Pacdudes is like his Twilight Zone.

So, how about a Hercules one? We know he can make a super oversized ball for it.

Edit: Here's another idea I'll just toss out there:

Shiva's Trigon is an excellent table, but it's starting to show its age visually.

How would it look if Scapino or jpsalas gave it their treatment?

Last edited:
Trigon is a masterpiece and should be left alone, unless the scripting has to be changed to accomidate a future release of VP. Shiva has done a spectacular job on Trigon and there is nothing you can really do to improve the visuals. :D

I didn't know the glove moved up and down when it went sideways. :D Looking very nice Scapino!

Well, I spoke too soon on the last version of the glove. It didn't work very well within the game enviroment. It made all of the balls in play WAY too jerky.

So I had to come up with another technique. This new one uses stacked, transparent emreels. The speed is great and has no effect on the balls in play. The table does take a little longer to start, as VP's doing a lot of rendering, but it works.

Here's a video wip of it in action...

http://www.scapinosvpins.com/Movies/JMGloveTest2.avi

In this video I have it running the glove/matrix test, and it shows off the glove and the matrix/dump animation very well.

Kurt

Looks pretty fluid Scapino! Great work!

Thanks, Practicedummy. :)

Kurt

Last edited:
lookin good keep up the work, i d say more but i gotta go to bed, final exam for us next week and we have to finish some projects tomorrow (in two min!) (what also sucks is no feb vacation for MA damnit)

If anyone out there in the real world has a Johnny Mnemonic table,
I need some info that is NOT in the manual.

I'm getting all the GI reels working, and I need to know what GI strings go to what part of the table.

If you have any info on it, post it here, or email me. You WILL be credited in the final release! ;)

Thanks!

Kurt

wow looking great, but I expect that from you! so tell me again how do you make the clear ramps with VP? and for a future redo...PINBOT, PINBOT, PINBOT I love that game and can't find a vp of it anywhere. I rent the PS2 williams collection just to get a chance to play it lwaiting for the Johnny release...oooh can't wait...

wow looking great, but I expect that from you! so tell me again how do you make the clear ramps with VP? and for a future redo...PINBOT, PINBOT, PINBOT I love that game and can't find a vp of it anywhere. I rent the PS2 williams collection just to get a chance to play it lwaiting for the Johnny release...oooh can't wait...

Like I said before, everything but the flippers, that you see on my tables, is modeled and rendered into final images in Truespace.

I then build the VP table beneath the decal image of the whole table. Normally, the only VP elements taht show through a decal is the ball, flippers, and any wall marked as droppable, and not "invisible".

Kurt

Latest posts

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back