Creating a "Resources" sub-forum board?

madmrmax

Weeeeeee
Site Supporters
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Any feedback/thoughts on creating a "resources" sub-forum similar to VPforums (image below) whereby one could add things like "here is a model and code in FP that someone might want". I know we have the Resources tab at the top navigation here, but in general that feels more like a "here is where you get your tables" and less about random resources like textures or 3D models, or custom scripts.

Would perhaps the Future Pinball Support Files sub-forum be something that we perhaps would consider renaming to add in the concept of "resources"?

Just a conversation for improvement.

1704912733563.png

Upvote 0
Any feedback/thoughts on creating a "resources" sub-forum similar to VPforums (image below) whereby one could add things like "here is a model and code in FP that someone might want". I know we have the Resources tab at the top navigation here, but in general that feels more like a "here is where you get your tables" and less about random resources like textures or 3D models, or custom scripts.

Would perhaps the Future Pinball Support Files sub-forum be something that we perhaps would consider renaming to add in the concept of "resources"?

Just a conversation for improvement.
@JonPurpleHaze , @StevOz , @Popotte, @shiva - who is the admin of the FP forum and could make the sub-group rename of "support files" to Resources?

1705428287288.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion @madmrmax, this just takes careful consideration, I started a discussion after seeing your post.

Unfortunately, I'm not up to speed anymore with FP and VP stuff anymore. The Future Pinball Support Files forum you highlighted is actually linked to the Resources (Files) category of a similar name, FP Support Files. Anything uploaded there will also automatically start a thread in the forum.

It's also worth mentioning that the Resources section is best for files although it can serve images if they are zipped up, the Media Gallery is better for individual images. We just need to gather information and think this through from Users. We can obviously rename and/or create new resource categories or forums, don't know what the best solution would be right now, we also have a Pinball Resources category.

:headscratch:

Thanks for the suggestion @madmrmax, this just takes careful consideration, I started a discussion after seeing your post.

Unfortunately, I'm not up to speed anymore with FP and VP stuff anymore. The Future Pinball Support Files forum you highlighted is actually linked to the Resources (Files) category of a similar name, FP Support Files. Anything uploaded there will also automatically start a thread in the forum.

It's also worth mentioning that the Resources section is best for files although it can serve images if they are zipped up, the Media Gallery is better for individual images. We just need to gather information and think this through from Users. We can obviously rename and/or create new resource categories or forums, don't know what the best solution would be right now, we also have a Pinball Resources category.

:headscratch:
Thanks! I love the Pinball Resources, but it really feels like it is designed for searching for tables, not things like "FPM" (Future Pinball Models), or FP scripts to deal with XYZ. It also isn't specific to VP or FP, so browsing is very hard to do.

Also, Resources section doesn't support pinning a resources, but a sub-forum moderator or admin can pin discussions (for example on vpf there are 5 pinned great resources)

Resources section also doesn't have any good searching ability. BUT I can easily search in FP sub group (or any sub-group) in the forums.
1705437384988.png

Just a quick note, the Searching in the Resources works by browsing to the category and clicking search and then This category.
An advanced search in Resources expands the possibilities.

Pinning in Resources and categories is also possible, see FP Support Files and you will see one filtered out.
:salut:

Renamed both of the old names of the forum Future Pinball Support Files and the Resource category of FP Support Files to "Future Pinball Resources". Added support files in their descriptions, hope that helps and makes things easier.

Thanks a bunch for responding to the suggestion!! I appreciate the flexibility in small tweaks like this!

Latest posts

Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back