Any new suggestions for FEATURED RESOURCES?

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
I really like how XF (the new site-software since early 2020) does this up.

So, the way it works is-- staff (and I *think* us DL managers too?), can edit this list, such as to suggest our mutual picks for pure greatness upon the recent-ish stuff made in FP / VP for site visitors to check out. Now, currently, it's these:

Pretty good LIST, right?! :-D

Still, time relentlessly rocks on as it do, so... so I was thinking:

Any suggestion on recent and near-masterpieces that might be included in that special list there, mateys..?

Upvote 0
Tough question, as I haven't had alot of time to actually play the tables.
I am usually working on tables, so I wouldn't be much help in picking recent masterpieces.
Also I would probably be biased and choose one of my tables. lol
That Last Starfighter table is the very first table I have ever had on a sites Featured Resources section.
It was a great feeling!
I would be more than happy to let someone else take my slot, so they can experience same thing.
If you have seen how much work has been put into Avatar by GeorgeH and Gimli and others, when it is released, I vote for that table to be featured.

Terry's Star Wars table would be a good choice or Silent Hill if he ever finishes it.

Cosmic Princess (LAI, 1979)​

Now I wasn't expecting this one!

Thanks @Zobou although I do think is a far cry from tables that everyone knows and love.

PS: update to CP is coming ;)

Just a thought for later on. Perhaps on holiday events such as Halloween, Xmas or maybe Easter we could feature a table or two with those themes. Maybe even on talk like a Pirate Day...arrrr me mateys!

Just a thought for later on. Perhaps on holiday events such as Halloween, Xmas or maybe Easter we could feature a table or two with those themes. Maybe even on talk like a Pirate Day...arrrr me mateys!
Yo ho...all together...hoist the colors high....
heave ho...thieves and beggars....never shall we die!!!
Great idea @StevOz !

This is a great idea.

Would go nicely with some tags that could round up all the tables of that particular festivity, and then the 'best' could be featured for a few days, before the list reset back.

Easter tho, hmm.. I think I'd first want to see you in your giant bunny suit before doing Easter, Steve.

This is a great idea.

Would go nicely with some tags that could round up all the tables of that particular festivity, and then the 'best' could be featured for a few days, before the list reset back.

Easter tho, hmm.. I think I'd first want to see you in your giant bunny suit before doing Easter, Steve.
We actually have one Easter themed table!

Well there is always another Black Friday just around the corner, more than a few tables here would qualify for that festivity.

You could add the 4th of July as event. Table with fireworks is great theme!
Arrrrgh these scurvy ridden bilge rats need there own glory day too. lol

I think I'd first want to see you in your giant bunny suit before doing Easter, Steve.
That's me in the background. 🐰

That's me in the background. 🐰

Wow, that's one of my favorite songs, but I missed it the first tme around due to never being a fan of "Good Golly, Miss Molly," which I thought the song was at first. oO

Anyway, really cool 'Appalachian' version, and I'll have to see what the studio version sounds like.

I was almost thinking the metal clock face you were playing was a percussion device or something that makes a sound when it's brushed, but it didn't seem to be listed in credits.

Started doing some tagging on Halloween tables just now.
The current list is here.

But, hmm...

- Monsters like Dracula, Frank, The Mummy, Zombies, etc don't necessarily reference Halloween specifically, but there's also a common, loose association.

- Ditto for a certain range of horror films & themes, like Nightmare on Elm St., Friday the 13th, Dawn of the Dead, etc.

- Ditto for a range of themed-stuff, like Dia de los Muertes, Addams Family, Munsters, War of the Worlds, etc.

Basically-- should anything with a loose association be tagged, or should it be more direct association stuff? I don't really mind either way, but I will say that the looser the association permitted, the more work it will be trying to scour every last table to tag.

EDIT: Checklist of associations now added:

- halloween, horror, dracula, frankenstein, mummy, zombie, creature, CFTBL, black lagoon, nightmare, 13th, dead, muerte, war of the worlds, addams, tales crypt, trick treat, munsters, monster, elvira, scared

MORE: pumpkin

looks like titles must be searched exclusively sometimes, for example with scared and stiff

Last edited:
Elvira anyone?

Started doing some tagging on Halloween tables just now.
The current list is here.

But, hmm...

- Monsters like Dracula, Frank, The Mummy, Zombies, etc don't necessarily reference Halloween specifically, but there's also a common, loose association.

- Ditto for a certain range of horror films & themes, like Nightmare on Elm St., Friday the 13th, Dawn of the Dead, etc.

- Ditto for a range of themed-stuff, like Dia de los Muertes, Addams Family, Munsters, War of the Worlds, etc.

Basically-- should anything with a loose association be tagged, or should it be more direct association stuff? I don't really mind either way, but I will say that the looser the association permitted, the more work it will be trying to scour every last table to tag.

You missed this one:

They would all fit into a "Horror" category, but not sure if they all fit in the "Halloween" category.

They would all fit into a "Horror" category, but not sure if they all fit in the "Halloween" category.

I think they will work. Halloween is a contraction of "All Hallows' Eve" when ghosts walk the earth. Jack-O'-Lanterns were said to represent either spirits or supernatural beings.

I think Steves's idea of "Elvira" would work. "Phantom of the Opera" would work too. We might want to hold off on including the more scary tables like Freddie's Nightmare since Halloween is more of a children's holiday. You don't want to scare kids too much. The Hungary Dead has a macabre theme but is harmless for kids.

Thanks for your thoughts on this stuff, fellas. On reflection, I guess it's natural that certain themes might fit multiple categories, hence the potential of multiple tags. So I guess I'll try to tag anything with any possible association with Halloween, which would kinda naturally include horror.

That said, honestly I don't think I'm going to sweat kids vs. adults stuff. Like-- if it's on the site at all then kids can see it, yknow? Still, I'll repost the links once I'm done the project, and if you want to go back and remove any you think might cause trouble, be my guest.

I also want to say that me being chronically tired with my CFS/ME, it would honestly help motivate me if any of you gents wanted to tackle one or more categories while I continue to work on Halloween. I guess the current unfinished list looks something like:

* Xmas
* Easter (and Christian-themed?)
* Earth Day / nature-themed?
* 4th July (maybe including American-themed tables like Spirit of '76?)
* Thanksgiving (includes Black Friday)
* Pirates Day / Pirates-themed
* Famous Country Holidays / Events?

And since we're a global community, I included the last item above.

Last edited:
Thanks, Charles.
Once again, youdafriggenman!

So, um... mateys--
My main community (Reddit) has erupted in to complete Civil War since I last posted here, and... me trying to work on some 'battlefield stuff' for the moment.

Please forgive me for not finishing up the "Halloween" tags for the moment.
I'll get to it, mateys; I'll get to it! <3

Not a table... but maybe a good suggestion...

Latest posts

Replies
Views
Poor Man's Pinball Podcast
P
Replies
Views
For Amusement Only EM and Bingo Pinball Podcast
F
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: momohoho27 has left the room.
      Back